ACCESS Center—Assisting Court Customers with Education and Self-Help Services
Self-Help at the ACCESS Center
ACCESS (Assisting Court Customers with Education and Self-help Services) Center
ACCESS Center's updated hours of operation is available here.
El Centro " ACCESS" está aquí para brindarle información que le ayudara a representarse a sí mismo.
Self-help services for family law matters and non-family law cases are available for self-represented Court customers. The ACCESS (Assisting Court Customers with Education and Self-help Services) Center can give you legal information and/or referrals to other resources to help you represent yourself. We cannot provide you legal advice.
Assisting Court Customers with Education and Self-Help Services
- The ACCESS Center is available to help both parties to a case, which means we may also help the other side in your case.
- We do NOT represent you, will NOT act as your lawyer, and your meetings with us are not private. This means that what you tell the ACCESS Center is NOT confidential.
- We can help with general information and instructions with San Francisco cases only and when appropriate, we may give you referrals for other resources.
- We are not able to assist or answer questions for third parties or family members, including attorneys, law firms, document preparers and paralegal services.
- Communications between you and the ACCESS Center are not confidential. You may want to consult with your own attorney if you want personalized advice or strategy, to have a confidential conversation, or to be represented by an attorney in court.
- ACCESS Staff cannot advise, strategize, go to court on your behalf, nor speak to a judge to discuss your case. Contact the (BASF) Bar Association of San Francisco’s Lawyer Referral Service at (415) 989-1616 to hire an attorney, and/or to see if you qualify for a low-fee or free attorney.
Type of Cases
We offer help with most non-criminal legal problems. We have detailed resources on these areas:
For information on rent relief (help paying past due rent), please see: Housing is Key
- State Landlord/Tenant Self-Help
- Eviction Defense Collaborative: (415) 947-0797
- Bar Association of San Francisco: (415) 989-1616
- Bay Area Legal Aid Phone: (800) 551-5554
- La Raza Centro Legal Phone: (415) 575-3500
- CA State Bar Association Phone: (866) 442-2529