Are You in Danger Now? If you need help right now, call “9-1-1.”
Websites you visit on any device may be viewed by someone else later. Be sure to clear your browsing history after browsing the web. Other options include using a friend's computer or a library computer.
Types of Restraining Orders
There are different types of restraining orders, each with their own eligibility requirements and steps to obtain that restraining order.
The types of restraining orders are:
The ACCESS Center can show you how to fill out the forms you will need, explain the filing process, and help you prepare for Court.
Please note: staff at the ACCESS Center are not able to assist with Private Postsecondary School Violence Restraining Orders.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What to Consider Before Filing a Restraining Order
- Which Restraining Order is Suitable for My Case
- How to file for a Civil Harassment Restraining Order Request (CHRO)
- How to file for a Domestic Violence Restraining Order Request (without minor child(ren)) (DVRO)
- How to file for a Domestic Violence Restraining Order Request (with minor child(ren)) (DVRO)
- How to file for an Elder Abuse or Dependent Adult Restraining Order Request (EARO)
- How to file for a Petition for Workplace Violence Restraining Order Request (WVRO)
More on Restraining Orders
- CA Courts – Abuse and Harassment
- California Courts - Restraining Order FAQs
- Cortes de California – Abuso y Acoso
- How to file for a Petition for a Gun Violence Restraining Order (GVRO)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline, (800) 799-SAFE (7233)
- Child Protective Services - San Francisco, (800) 856-5553
- Adult Protective Services - San Francisco, (415) 355-6700 or (800) 814-0009